Students and teachers of all racial backgrounds benefit from learning about the history and excellence of Black Americans. These passages are designed to highlight the excellence and cultural strengths of Black people which is different from the common societal narratives perpetuated about Black people. These stories can promote awareness, understanding, and a more justice-oriented lens of the world as students explore the histories and experiences of others from a racial background that differs from their own.
Keep in mind, these passages and strategies are designed to honor the truth and rich legacy of Black people, so they must be taught and discussed in a way that truly honors that intent and with a purpose of developing understanding and appreciation of Black history and life in America.
Our Culturally Responsive L.O.V.E Framework is embedded in the readers so students connect to the Social Studies content in ways that are relevant to them!
- Engaging stories and colorful illustrations of important people, unsung heroes, and pivotal events
- Consumable readers for students highlight, annonatle, and complete their assignments in
- Connects content to students interests and experiences
- Develops 21st literacy skills such as critical thinking, writing, creating presentations, communicating, and social responsibility
- Good for: Small Group Work, Mini Units, Research Projects, Writing Instruction, Presentations, and much more!
All of our resources are aligned to National ELA and Social Studies standards for seamless implementation for busy teachers!
- Teacher Resource Guide includes lesson plans and rubrics
- Prompts to engage in discussions with students around the Social Studies topics
- Teaching slides and anchor charts